'Bridge To Terabithia' stars then and now
Black tumblr and white tumblr.
Does your partner:
- get jealous of people in your life regardless of their gender?
- make fun of you for being bisexual?
- try to control how you dress or act?
- force you to choose between being straight or being gay/lesbian?
- accuse you of cheating or flirting with others?
- use money or gifts to make you feel like you owe them something?
- prevent you from being out as bisexual?
- not respect your safeword?
- pressure you to have sex in ways that you don’t want to?
- keep you from going to LGBTQ events?
Abusers may say:
- "I know I can’t trust you alone with your friends because you’ll sleep with anyone."
- "You aren’t really part of the LGBTQ community."
- "If you leave me, I’ll tell your boss that you are bi."
- "I know that all you bisexuals are just sluts."
- "You are just confused about your sexuality."
- “If you want to be with me, you have to be a lesbian/gay.” OR "If you want to be with me, you have to be straight."
- "Don’t tell anyone that you’ve been with men before, that’s disgusting." OR "Don’t tell anyone that you’ve been with women before, that’s disgusting."
- “I know you are going to leave me for a woman.” OR “I know you are going to leave me for a man.”
Click HERE for pdf document to download
Most of the men I’ve dated have at some point said they were worried about me cheating on them with a woman (but not with a man) because I’m bisexual. I don’t consider all of those men abusive (though at least one definitely was), but it’s a clear pattern that concerns me, and in the case of the man who was abusive, it was one of the things he twisted and used in his abuse. Like he found it a convenient excuse to be controlling and distrustful.
Please, please, please signal boost this. Bisexual woman are, according to some studies twice as likely to be raped or abused by their partners than straight or gay woman. Please get the word out. This is NOT okay.
Snazzy mini-documentary on the Question featuring Dennis O’Neil, Greg Rucka, and Jeffrey Combs!
…and Rick Burchett. I don’t understand why this vid had so few notes. I know there’s more than a handful of Question fans around here. So guys, watch it, reblog, spread the love. How many times have you seen Dennis O’Neil or Greg Rucka speak about a character they’ve written, redefined, and understand inside out?
Had no idea this was already out….